Customer: India based ecommerce company
Challenge: Online Booking application faced severe performance issues with 50k concurrent users while residing on a private cloud. More than 300k concurrent users were expected for a very sought after product on sale. Application go-live postponed multiple times due to scalability problems.
Accomplishments: Stanra team redesign application, designed infrastructure on AWS and certified the application for 300k concurrent users. Application went live and managed the peak load.
- Application code (.Net and C#) assessment and refactoring of .Net code and DB layer
- Cloud infrastructure design and migration from on-premise to AWS
- Microservices implementation
- Performance test bed creation on AWS using 12 EC2 servers
- Load test scripts using Locust
- Executed Load tests in increments to scale application to 300k concurrent users. Modified code and EC2 and RDS configurations, DB layer changes
- Conducted Endurance test to confirm reliability of the application
- Automation code build and deploy on AWS